The update to the demo was released around 11AM EDT today and it fixes a number of issues. Since the demo has come out, Square listened to what players had to say about it and decided to fix whatever issues we had. They even threw in some new features and added a boss fight.
Coming straight from the Nova Crystallis website, here is a look at the updates:
- Added cooperation attacks that come from ally suggestions.
- Guarding just before being hit by an enemy attack will no longer consume MP.
- Evasive maneuver has been changed into a dodge roll, no longer consumes MP, and can be shifted into from various actions.
- Moving the left stick during a consecutive attack will change the attack movement.
- You can now charge great sword attacks by holding down the button.
- The Shift (Warp) command has been changed into a long Circle button hold. If you hold Circle for a short period, you’ll perform a mid-range shift.
- The areas you can warp to have been greatly increased.
- Attack power, MP consumption, and more have been adjusted.
- Camera turning speed and acceleration has been improved. The lock-on tracking has been improved, and target-switching has been simplified.
- Camera can now be moved down during combat.
- Party AI has been improved.
- “Individual action quests” that are suggested by party members has been added.
- The Catoblepas by the lake can now be fought.
It’s definitely interesting to see a demo get patched, but it shows that SquareEnix really cares about this game and wants to make it as perfect as they can. The patch is free for everyone that downloaded the demo via their voucher.
There is also a new Final Fantasy Type-0 patch that fixes motion blur and the super fast camera. I’ll definitely be getting back into that one.
Final Fantasy will be skipping E3 this year, but we will hear more about it at Gamescon in August.